Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Sentimental Journey

Sentimental Journey by Sara Harley
Sentimental Journey
As I age, I often find myself on a sentimental journey thinking about my parents and the home I grew up in. 

Over the recent holidays, I thought I would make a photograph as a tribute to them. My dad was the plant person in the family. He loved gardening and fussed with indoor plants as well and we always had at least one Christmas cactus in the house. The pot in the photograph was made by my mom. She went through a ceramics phase when I was a teenager and I've managed to keep two of her plant pots all these years (over 35 years!) without breaking them. 

Isn't it strangely wonderful how certain things can bring back such lovely memories?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to hear from you! I appreciate your comments.